Friday, April 9, 2010

A Wedding Gift

I've taken on a project this spring, possibly the biggest knitting project I've tackled. One afghan, for my sister and her fiance, for their summer wedding.

The pattern is Liberty, from the second Mason-Dixon book. And it's a gorgeous pattern, and it's a monster of a project. And I could have picked something easier and known my sister would have liked it just as much. But I figured, when would I ever take on a project like this again? And so I ordered up a boatload of Berocco Ultra Alpaca from the LYS, and started knitting.

The plan is one repeat a month until June, with July for the steeking (yup, it's knit in the round and then cut! I am going to cut into the most gigantic piece of knitting I've ever made!) and borders. I've been remarkably diligent about working toward that goal. This isn't the only thing I'm knitting, but it's what I turn to most regularly.

So, now you have been introduced. I'm just past the halfway point now, with plenty more to knit before we have a blanket.

No comments:

Post a Comment